Speed Corridor Enforcement System
Category: Intelligent Transport Solutions
- Speed Corridor Enforcement System calculates the average speeds of the vehicles between two specified points on the highways, and detects the vehicles violating the rule.
- Number plate recognition units placed at the entrance and exit of the road where the speed control is to be performed and a central software that calculates the average speed using the number plate information obtained from these units.
- The system takes video recordings/ image of vehicles by high-resolution cameras in single or multi-lane roads.
- In addition, the speed infringement place, time, date, distance, direction, speed of the vehicle, speed limit, speed infringement etc. this information is transferred to the penalty receipt.
- Unlike point-based speed detection systems, radar is not used in the system, and the need for calibration at this point is almost eliminated.
- However, inspections based on average speed calculation open the way for vehicles to comply with speed limitations across the entire route, and accidents due to excessive speed provide greater contribution to prevention.