- SCATS is an advanced computer system that monitors in real time the traffic signals and the volumes of traffic using them in order to use this data to coordinate adjacent traffic signals to ease traffic congestion and improve traffic flow.
- SCATS manages traffic according to complex algorithms and can adapt traffic signal timings to deal with unexpected conditions and minimize delays.
- SCATS® has been designed to deal with most complex traffic situations.
- Our sophisticated and intelligent traffic control system can help in improving the quality of life of the road users.
- It automatically adapts to changing traffic condition every moment of the day and night. Also continually adjusts the time available to each individual traffic signal movement and by providing coordination between consecutive sets of traffic lights traffic congestion is significantly reduced.
The benefits of SCATS are:
- Reduced air pollution.
- Reduced fuel consumption.
- Reduced delays.
- Enhanced public transport time and reliability.
SCATS Operator Interface:
SCATS features include:
Real-time information for both advanced operations and maintenance monitoring, which includes detection, timing, saturation, status, communication and coordination information.
Real-time space and time diagrams:
These diagrams help to show the real-time status of the road corridors, as well as theoretical travel time information.
SCATS features a range of reports, to help with future planning and reviewing past operations.
Adaptive traffic response:
SCATS constantly adapts to the demands of changing traffic flows and can accommodate these variations without manual intervention.
Operations staff monitoring the SCATS system can observe traffic flow and under exceptional circumstances quickly override traffic signal operation manually.
Scalable and flexible:
SCATS can expand with your traffic needs. You can start with just a small number of intersections and expand it to controlling up to 16,000 intersections.
SCATS® urban traffic management software is used in 27 countries worldwide and continues to deliver consistent and measurable results.
SCATS is licensed to operate in more than 37,000 intersections worldwide, including: Australia, Bangladesh, Brazil, Brunei, Chile, China, Ecuador, Fiji, Indonesia, India, Iran, Ireland, Jordan, Laos, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Pakistan, Philippines, Poland, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Africa, Thailand, USA and Vietnam.