This system reduces delays and emissions at the signalized junctions by changing green times dynamically regarding the number of vehicles on each approach. Our systems can communicate with each other via wireless connection modules for signal coordination and network optimization. System consists of traffic cameras, which detect, count and track vehicles in real time, a fisheye camera for observation purposes and the Dynamic Junction Control Unit. Traffic cameras are located at each approach, and each of them consists of a digital camera, an image processing board and a wireless communication module, which is for transmitting data to the Traffic Control Center. The results of more than 700 installations worldwide show that, the junctions with this system experienced a decrease of 30% of waiting time and more than a third
in traffic accidents.
• Less congestion at junctions and the road segments between the junctions.
• Minimized waiting times at junctions and total time spent in traffic.
• Less environmental pollution by reducing emissions and noise pollution.
• Contribute to the country’s economy with less fuel consumption.
• Decrease on red light violations and traffic accidents thanks to the optimized green times produced by the system.